Jumping into the classic (and maybe best) Smash with your main is a lot more fun when you’re playing against friends rather than hanging solo and whooping the computer. Melee doesn’t have an online mode of course, so you might be wondering how you can play it online. Once you fire up the game in Dolphin, you can invite your friends to join you through Parsec, which creates an interactive stream for your friends to connect to you like there’s a really long wire from their controller to your PC. With Parsec, it’s a cinch to start playing with your friends online. Here’s how:
- Launch Dolphin and start Melee onto your computer
- Download Parsec for free and install it
- Head to the Parsec Arcade, and choose to host Dolphin (this will only work if Dolphin and Melee are already running).
- Share the big link with your friends
- Your friends will be asked to download Parsec too, and once they have, you’ll be ready to play together
Easy right? Get Parsec and start playing Smash Bros. Melee online right now.